Well, here I am again about to ramble on for who knows how long! I thought it was about time for another update on the trails and trials of this trophy wife!
The last 3 weeks have been CRAZY!! or Cray Cray! as the kids are saying these days! :)
We got settled here in New Castle, Colorado, on Monday, September, 13. The next day was James' birthday. He went to work while I looked for a way to make the day special for him. Three days later I was on a plane bound for Texas!
I flew into IAH and took a shuttle to my old school. It was fun surprising the kids! They screamed when they saw me (I think they were screams of delight not screams of fear). I really enjoyed seeing the kids again.
On September 17 - 19, I was with 9 of my friends at a beach house in Galveston! It was tons of fun even though it rained all weekend. We just sat around playing games, working a puzzle and laughing so hard my sides were sore all weekend.
After that, I went to San Antonio to spend some time with Dad and take him shoe shopping. That turned out to be quite a challenge! The doctors had changed his medicine and he was having adverse reactions! He was very confused. At one time he thought there were snakes in his room. Needless to say that was a rough time.
On a happy note, I was able to spend time with Samuel Jacob Dyson! For those of you that do not know, Sammy is the son of one of my bff's and he is Dusty's bff. Anyway, spending time with Sammy will cheer anyone up! He is such a fun kid! We went to eat at Alamo Cafe, San Antonio's BEST RESTAURANT! Then we went shopping for those few items every college freshman forgot to bring. It was fun!
The end of the week was spent helping Sheri with final preparations for Audrey's wedding. What fun that was! I got to spend time with Sheri's great aunt Dot, what a hoot! She is a very spry little 87 year old lady! She has some great stories to tell! Sheri's former college roommate, Diane, was there too. What a neat lady!
James and his mom were able to fly in Saturday morning. Then the rush began to make sure everyone had nice clothes, shoes, and hair for the wedding! The wedding was beautiful! It was held in a private stone chapel with the reception at Raveneaux country club. It was great fun!
Sunday morning James and his mom flew out and the kids went shopping and back to school.
I had a wonderful lunch with the family of a former student which I will write about more in my next blog.
Now, I am back in Colorado. It's beautiful here! The mornings are quite chilly, in the low 40's, but the afternoons warm up to the mid 80's. Yesterday I sat out in the sun for about an hour. My little siesta in the sun was interrupted by a phone call from our realtor. She had great news!
Someone put an offer on our house! I could not believe it! Just earlier at lunch James prayed for our house to sell and here less than an hour later, that happened!
The offer was a good one, so we accepted it! How exciting! Please keep us in your prayers, the buyer has 10 days to back out or change her mind! Pray that she just falls more and more in love with the house and the sale goes on without a hitch! IF all goes well, we close on October 29th!
Today is a laundry and shopping day. I think I will make Chicken Wellington for dinner!
James and I love it here Colorado. We eat our meals outside on the picnic table beside the creek! It is amazingly beautiful! Many nights we sit out by a fire and search the stars for satellites and shooting stars until it gets too chilly! What a life!
Come visit!
Patti
Glad to hear you sounding so happy!
ReplyDelete