Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15, 2010

Hi and welcome to my blog!

At the request of several friends and family members, I am going to give blogging a try! I hope it's entertaining and informative and not too boring.

Here goes...

This is the summer I have been waiting for for about 2 years now! It's the summer I get to start traveling with James full time! It has been fun so far even though I haven't spent as much time here as I thought I would.

The last week and a half I was back in the Tomball/San Antonio area! What a trip that was! Major 1stomach trouble accompanied by a fever then 3 days later breaking out in hives all over my body. The next day i woke up with my left eye swollen like I had been hit! Then I hit myself under the SAME eye with my dad's wheelchair! Holy Cow! I was a mess! All is better now I think.

The trip to Tomball evoked nearly every emotion I have! I never dreamed cleaning out my kitchen cabinets would be so hard! I freaked Shelley out I was crying so much! She called for reinforcements and Sheri and Tim soon appeared! I got to thinking....I never was in love with my house. I could take it or leave it, but I lived in my kitchen, That's where I visited with friends and family (I think it's the room that connected me to Mom the most). Cleaning out the cupboards was bittersweet. Time and time again I would pull out a coffee mug and laugh or cry depending on who gave it to us or where it came from. I even got Shelley misty-eyed when I showed her the mug from Petit Jean State Park in AK. That's the park where little Beaux nearly died falling off a cliff. A lone tree planted directly in his path broke his fall! that was how we spent most of last Thursday! That night the rashes showed up! Stress-related? Could be!

The house is empty now except for a mattress James's dad sleeps on. He is staying there helping with renovations and the sale of the house.

Well, the dryers are finished. There's more to this story I will tell later!

Peace!
Patti

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogspot world! I love the name of yours! I've been posting on my blog recently. Www.pasquierposse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who recently left a home where we lived for 30 years, I can relate !!! I have found, however, that for me "home is where the stuff is." If you can find a way to take some of the "coffee mugs" the memories will follow !!! Of course, that is why I now have a four car garage full of stuff that doesn't fit into the new, downsized house.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog Patti....have you saved to my favorites toolbar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about your happenings! It brings it all a little closer - all those things that we leave behind when we move. Miss you guys alot! I sometimes blog... cnuttall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete