Wednesday, July 21, 2010

There's more than one way to skin a cat!

So my #1 job today was to pay bills and have our phone/internet/satellite cut off back at the house. A simple task? HA!

We have or should I say had our phone/internet/satellite services bundled through ATT. I called them, they asked for the last four ssn#s on the acct which I gave then and ba da bing ba da boom phone service and internet disconnected! No problems! Dish Network...not so much! ATT connected me to Dish Network to cancel service directly with them. Well, they asked for my name. I told the truth," this is Patti White." Because I'm not James they wouldn't talked to me. Even though ATT connected me to them and my acct was through ATT they still had to speak directly to James. Stupid people!

Guess what I did next! I called back, tried to lower my voice, and said I was James White! Heh heh! They switched me to 3 different people each who said, "Are you really James White". To which I answered as deeply and indignantly as possible, "YES!"

So they finally got all my information and disconnected the service. When we were done the guy on the phone said with a smart-assed tone, "Thank you ma'am!" I said "Ma'am?" and the guy hung up!

I guess I didn't fool anyone, but still got the service disconnected!

Highlight of my day!

3 comments:

  1. okay I peed myself picturing what you looked like while lowering your voice!! You are too funny!! Glad everything worked out for you, Jamie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i'm with you miss sarah...I just laughed so hard! Because I now know exactly what my future looks like. I would so totally do that.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. next time you need a low voice call me at the house. With both a landline and a cell phone you can talk into one ear and I'll repeat it into the other phone. Just don't let James get to the shotgun before I do.

    ReplyDelete