Monday, July 19, 2010

Back at the laundry mat

Here I am back at my second home! I guess going to the laundry mat is not the worse thing in the world...I always treat myself to a Rt. 44 Diet Coke w/lime and a grilled cheese sandwich from Sonic! There is also free wifi which allows me to update my blog.

Today I made friends with 2 ladies here. One of them lives here in Shreveport and is only at the laundry because her dog did his business on her bed! She told me to try her church. It's called "The Simple Church" and it meets in the movie theatre! I think we may give it a try. Who knows?

The other lady I met is a pipeliners wife, too. She is YOUNG! Her husband is a backfill foreman. It was nice to have someone to talk to during the day! She only travels with her husband during the summer because she is a nursing student from Nashville. I love her accent! We compared restaurants and she told me of a steak and seafood place near here that she really likes. The other lady I met joined in our conversation and said the owners of that restaurant were good friends of hers. I'm thinking we might give that a try one day.

Saturday I splurged and bought a convection/toaster oven for the trailer. We don't pay for electricity but we do pay for gas so I thought it would be better to use that than our gas oven. James was the first to use it. He made cinnamon toast yesterday to go along with the scrambled eggs with potatoes and sausage I made, MMMMMM!

Today I think I will make a peach cobbler. I am going to make pepper steak sandwiches for dinner and that should go along nicely. Tomorrow will be meatloaf. I have to plan my meals only 2 days at a time because I have very SMALL fridge and freezer space!

I am trying to think of something funny to say. Some of you told me to start this blog because It would be funny. I think it's boring. Help me out by asking questions and suggesting topics.

Gotta go check the dryers!

Peace!
Patti

2 comments:

  1. Since you never call me and update your own daughter on your life...I am loving your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, also, love your blog!! I feel like you're right there telling me in person. Write about whatever you want!! And post pictures of cool and interesting things in your new temp home. Did I comprehend Dustin's FB post correctly...is the job finishing up? Are you hitting the road again soon?

    ReplyDelete